1 Data Protection Statement
Please note that further data will be collected from you before the conclusion and/or during execution of a possible contract. We will inform you about this separately.
2 Data Controller
The data controller for this Website and your contact for matters relating to data protection is:
RENTSCH PARTNER LTD.
Telephone: +41 44 225 70 70
3 Data Collection on our Website
3.1 Log files
Our Website is based on the Open Source Joomla CMS and is hosted by Hostpoint (Hostpoint AG, Neue Jonastrasse 60, 8640 Rapperswil-Jona, Switzerland, see www.hostpoint.ch).
In order to optimize and maintain our website, we log technical errors that may occur when accessing our website. Furthermore, when you use our Website, information is automatically collected which the browser of your terminal device transmits to our host provider, the information consisting of:
- the IP address and operating system of your terminal device,
- the Web browser type, version, and language,
- the date and time of the server request,
- the website from which the access was made (referrer URL),
- the status code (for example, error messages), and
- the transmission protocol used (e.g. HTTPS/1.1).
This data is collected and stored by our host provider in order to optimize processes and procedures, in particular in connection with the use of our website and system security and stability.
In case the GDPR is applicable, the legal basis for processing is Article 6 (1) (b) and (f) GDPR.
3.2 Contact form
When you use our contact form, your information from the contact form is used to process the query and also used in case there are follow-up questions.
We typically require the following information:
- first and last name
- email address
- message content
We use the data you provide in order to answer your query. In case the GDPR is applicable, the legal basis for processing is Article 6 (1) (a), (b), and (f) GDPR.
You can adjust the settings in your browser so that you are notified in advance about the setting of cookies, and can decide on a case-by-case basis whether you will exclude acceptance of cookies for specific cases or in general, or that cookies are completely blocked. This can restrict the Website's functionality.
Cookies that are required for the electronic communication process or functions you request, or which optimize your user experience, are based upon Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR, in case the GDPR is applicable.
We are using fonts of the provider Monotype GmbH, Horexstrasse 30, 61352 Bad Homburg, Germany on our Website. When you access our Website, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache in order to display texts and fonts correctly. For this purpose, the browser you are using connects to the servers of Monotype. Monotype becomes aware that our Website has been accessed via your IP address. Linotype web fonts are used in the interest of a uniform and appealing presentation of our online services.
In case the GDPR is applicable, the legal basis for processing is Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR.
4 Data processing in connection with mandate relationships
We process the following personal data within the scope of a mandate relationship:
- Client data and data for mandate management: first name and surname as well as contact details of the contact persons, position and title, associated company/job, sector, any cross-connections (e.g. shareholders or related persons) and further background information from publicly accessible sources (e.g. commercial register), any assigning person, contents of enquiry and mandate, counterparties and their representatives as well as further details for checking any conflicts of interest.
- Mandate data: Communication with clients, offices, courts, opposing lawyers and third parties, advisory documentation, information disclosed to us by or for the clients, by opposing parties, courts, authorities and other parties to the proceedings or which we produce in the course of our services.
- Service and billing data: Information about the services provided and billed, billing data, proof of services, invoices, payments, bank accounts
- Supplementary information: Information related to the use of our newsletters and participation in our events and other information provided by clients We process personal data mainly to provide, document, bill and improve our services. This includes processing to meet legal requirements (e.g. to check for any conflicts of interest) and to enforce or defend legal claims.
We also process the personal data of our clients in order to communicate with them, to answer enquiries and to send them newsletters, information about our firm and invitations to events, courses, conferences or lectures.
Anyone who no longer wishes to receive newsletters and invitations from us can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the relevant link in the respective emails or by sending a message to the contact point in section 2.
Insofar as the DSGVO is applicable, the basis for this data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b and f DSGVO.
5 Data processing in connection with job advertisements
We process the following personal data as part of the recruitment process:
- Data provided to us by applicants, in particular personal details, data on previous employment, qualifications and certificates.
As part of the recruitment process, we process the aforementioned data for selection purposes and communication with applicants.
If the GDPR is applicable, the basis for this data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b and f GDPR.
6 Passing on data to third parties
In order to be able to offer you the information on our Website, we cooperate with various service providers, namely with IT service providers, in order to have a modern Website at our disposal. They only process data on our behalf and according to respective data processing agreements.
Notwithstanding the provisions under Article 4 of this Data Protection Statement, without your consent, we only transmit data to locations outside Switzerland and the European Union (third countries) if this is required under the respective contract, to fulfil legal obligations or to safeguard our legitimate interests.
7 Your Rights
To the extent provided by the data protection laws that apply to you, you can demand at no charge information concerning stored data that relates to you, its origin and recipient, and the purpose of the data processing. Pursuant to the statutory requirements, you are also entitled to a right of correction, deletion, restriction, or objection to the processing of these data, and, if the GDPR is applicable, to the surrender of these data for transmission to another location.
At any time, you may revoke any consent granted with effect for the future. An informal notice to us via email is sufficient for this purpose.
Please note that the foregoing rights are subject to legal restrictions and may interfere with or render impossible the provision of our services.
You have the right to enforce your claims through the courts or to file a complaint with the competent data protection authority. For Switzerland, the competent authority is the Federal Data Protection and Information Officer (Eidgenössischer Datenschutz- und Öffentlichkeitsbeauftragter) (https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html).
8 Updates and Amendments to this Data Protection Statement
We can amend or adapt this Data Protection Statement at any time. The current Data Protection Statement can be found at www.rentschpartner.ch.